It is almost time

Anya’s Ghost comes out tomorrow! Holy crap! Maybe I am writing this blog prematurely but who cares. I am pretty excited. I started working on it in the evenings back in 2007 while I was on Coraline and kept working on it through a good chunk of my time on Paranorman. Then I waited a year for the publishing machine to do its thing. And after tomorrow it’s going to be out there for people to read in probably about 30 minutes. I hope they’re an enjoyable 30 minutes, if you decide to pick it up (and I hope you do!). I tried to make the best story I could with the resources I had available.

Thing coming up: I am going to be at Floating World Comics this Wednesday evening to sign copies of the book and hang out and feed you my home-made caramels. If you’re local to Portland please stop by, it’ll be great to see you!

Floating World Comics
20 NW 5th Ave #101
Portland, OR 97209
June 8th 6-9pm

Other things: I am working on a behind-the-scenes blog post about my weird comic-making process! I am going to have a new website soon! I am going to be at San Diego Comic-Con! I’m going to eat lunch! Oh boy.

This entry was posted in anya's ghost, book. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to It is almost time

1. Alex says:

Aww, I wish we were still in Portland, Floating World's our favorite :-) Congratulations!! I can't wait to see the finished product, I'll have to look out at the shops around here.

2. Amy Kim Kibuishi says:

This is so exciting! :D

3. Kt Shy says:

"Anya's Ghost" is fabulous and EVERYONE SHOULD BUY IT!!!

4. lightning bulb (aka ngvrnd) says:

I think your artwork is fantastic and I'll definitely be buying a copy, and telling all my friends to buy one too! If you ever come through Boston to do signings, let us know!

5. Todd says:

I pre-ordered Anya's Ghost months ago for a friend based firstly on the recommendations from Neil Gaiman and Scott McCloud (which got me to look at it), secondly on the great-looking art, and thirdly on the fact that it's about a Russian girl who grew up in America — just like my friend. She moved to the U.S. from Minsk with her family when she was 11. Am I right in assuming you have a similar background?

I got an email today saying the book has shipped! Congratulations on the release. I'm looking forward to either picking up my own copy or borrowing hers sometime.

6. Kate says:

Yay! I work in receiving at a Barnes & Noble and got 2 in on Friday. It made my day when I opened that box. Now there is only one in the store :)I did read it in about 30 minutes, but it was a great 30 minutes! Thanks for writing and drawing, you make amazing things for us to enjoy.

7. Erik Robinson says:

Oh, wow!!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to check it out, I'll tell all of my friends!

8. Mike says:

I already bought it! Thanks for the great book!

9. John Aardema says:

I am buying this book tomorrow. Thanks for all your inspiration.

10. Georgiana says:

I got my copy today. I have a few ahead of it but I'm very much looking forward to it.

11. Just received my copy of Anya’s Ghost and read it straight though!! Just wonderful. Beautiful illustrations, fabulous story. I can’t imagine how long is must have taken you!! I’m a fan!!