paranorman is OUT

Tragically this is probably the closest to on-model I’ve ever drawn him.

Paranorman is out August 17th, which is TODAY!!! In North America as well as Iceland, Vietnam, Taiwan and the Netherlands. I saw it last week and am seeing it again tonight (and hopefully even more times after that). I am so so proud to have worked on this movie with the most talented and awesome crew I’ve ever encountered. Please go see it this weekend with as many of your friends as you can muster! Brave independent animation needs your support! I promise it’s way better than Expendables 2.

Reminder that I’ll be in LA on Sunday for the Nucleus Paranorman panel!

And another reminder that today is the last day to vote in the Harvey Awards, possibly for Anya’s Ghost. The ballot is online here, it’s super easy!

Okay, back to refreshing Rotten Tomatoes.

This entry was posted in anya's ghost, paranorman. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to paranorman is OUT

1. Joanna says:

Can’t wait to see it- it looks like so much fun! And fingers crossed on the Harvey award. :)

2. Stefano says:

Will it be released in Italy??? Please tell me it will :(

3. RedOne says:

i will go tomorrow to the cinema and watch it!!!
    but please, dont say its better than the Expendables 2. remember that if chuck hears that you and all of us that love your work will suffer.
    just lets say that the two movies are awesome.

4. Tally says:

SO CUTE.
    I can’t wait to see the movie!

5. joe says:

watched it today. i was full of laughter. loved every moment of it! u guys should be proud!

6. Ellie says:

I’m dying to see this (hah!) but it doesn’t come out here in Australia until 10th January next year! I can’t believe it’s such a long wait!

Huge fan of your work Vera, and I’d love to support the artists who worked on this… is there some way to donate to the Laika Studios artists?

7. Boudgie says:

Since Paranorman’s release happens to be on my birthday, I went to see it. Seriously awesome birthday gift!

8. Simon says:

Definitely my favourite release of the year; you should be proud! Also, well done on your Eisner award!

9. Saud says:

hehe Vera your so funny! Congratulations can’t wait to watch it in Beirut :)

10. Tony Bullard says:

My wife and I went to see it last night! It was excellent! Right on par with Coraline, which I also loved. Absolutely beautiful production. I wish I had seen it in 3d!

11. Matt Justice says:

I saw you at gallery nucleus and i loved your presentation of your story boards. It was extremely cool! Ive been a fan of your work for a couple years and when i heard them say your name at the presentation i got excited. It was fun.

12. bryan says:

i just saw it today, it’s a great film! i was the only person in the theatre :I (matinee showing though!) so i got to laugh really loud and put my feet up on the seat in front of me. you laika folks did a great job!

13. Paranorman was phenomenal. Everything about it was wonderful. Bravo. And I stayed and saw your name in the credits. I was like, I Follow her blog/twitter! and everyone was jealous.

14. Caitlin B says:

Saw it last week – it was perfect! Really gorgeous and heartfelt. I brought my two little cousins and they both enjoyed it immensely. Also, totally saw your name in the credits! Well done!

15. Anii says:

I just requested The Art and Making of Paranorman at my local library x) I’m sooo excited for you… everything you do is taking off!

16. Abby says:

Dear Vera,
    HI! I’m Abby from Red Oak! We have this thing called the battle of the books where we re given books to read and then we compete. YOUR BOOK was on the list!!!!!!! I LOVED ANYA’ S GHOST!!!!!! I’m also excited about seeing PARANORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, please reply!!!!! I would love to hear from you!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. I recently saw Paranorman. I really liked it. It’s the first time I see a different approach of the zombie phenomenon. Congratulations to you and the crew!

18. Saw it, loved it. Took my kid, my family. Got the art book, love it too. Might get your book for my kid too. Rock on sis